Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cherry Almond Muffins

I'm feeling professional today. "Why?" You might ask. I have just entered the world of specialty oils. I found a few recipes that intrigued me and they use almond and walnut oils. I was able to find these at the local Whole Foods store. When I opened up the almond oil for this recipe, I was met with a simply delightful aroma! Hope you enjoy!

Makes 6 giant muffins

Ingredients
  • 2 c whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 c dried cherries
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 3 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t sea salt
  • 1 c sliced almonds, roasted*
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 c milk
  • 1/2 t almond extract
  • 1/4 c almond oil
  • 1/3 c honey

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prep muffin tin according to the method of your liking. Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl, reserving some roasted almonds to sprinkle over muffin batter. Combine wet ingredients in small bowl. Combine wet into dry, put batter in muffin tin, and sprinkle reserved roasted almonds over batter. Bake for 20 minutes.

*To roast almonds, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place almonds in a baking sheet in a thin layer. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant, stirring once.

All Natural, Whole Grain Cherry Almond Muffin Recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...