Sunday, August 8, 2010

Banana Multi Bran Muffins

It is said that necessity is the mother of all invention, and I think this extends to the kitchen as well as to the rest of life. While I wanted to make banana bran muffins, I could not find a suitable bran cereal to use as a base ingredient. All available options on the shelf were filled with hydrogenated oils and refined sugars. In hubby's (and admittedly mine as well) moment of desperate baked good need, he suggested using the Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran Cereal we love so much. I agreed that this was quite an attractive idea, indeed, and went about inventing.

Makes 5 giant muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 c whole wheat flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1/2 c walnuts
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 c milk, warmed 25 sec in microwave
  • 2 T butter, melted
  • 2 t vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1 1/2 c Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran Cereal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep muffin tin according to the method of your liking. Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl (less cereal) and wet in small bowl. Mix wet into dry, then fold in cereal and bake for 35 minutes.

5 comments:

Julie said...

wow..I never tried eating that food..But seems very yummy. I wanna have it.

Becky said...

Delicious! Next time I will add some chopped pecans... yum!

sadie said...

OMG these are amazing! These will be a regular in my home. Thanks!

Valerie Biehl said...

Thanks! So glad you liked them!

Allison Clark said...

Wow, I hope i have time to cook for this, I will save your recipe so if ever i have time will try this one.Thank you for sharing it, i must try this at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...