Saturday, July 17, 2010

Multi Grain Sandwich Bread

My new Zojirushi BBCC-X20 bread machine has made me more powerful than ever! *said with head tilted back and slightly sinister laugh* (teasing) I wanted to make sandwich bread and pizza dough at home and a bread machine was the only way to make this work with my busy lifestyle. So now begins a whole series of bread machine experiments. I would like to add that, to date, I have been very pleased with the Zojirushi machine, both in terms of performance and functionality. Below is a lovely all natural whole grain bread recipe that I hope you will enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 2 c whole wheat flour
  • 2 c bread flour
  • 2 T sesame seeds
  • 2 T flax seeds
  • 2 T millet
  • 2 T quinoa
  • 2 t sea salt
  • 1 T rapid rise yeast
  • 1 1/2 c milk
  • 1/3 c honey
  • 2 T butter, softened

Place ingredients in bread machine, making sure yeast stays dry until blended and press go!

2 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Ooo, this is a must-try. here's a question for you, oh food goddess: how long can this bread stay fresh? Will it stay soft in the fridge? Our son is the only one that really eats bread around here.

Valerie Biehl said...

The few loaves I have made have disappeared too quickly for an endurance test. However, I would recommend putting a portion in the freezer if it is not going to be eaten in 4 days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...