Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wild Blueberry Scones

I tried to make this recipe the first time and was unable to successfully fold in the full 1 1/2 c of blueberries, so I went on the search for a new technique. I'm happy to report that I have managed to work in the full amount of blueberries and they turned out just like I was hoping. Happy baking!

Makes 6-8 scones

Ingredients
  • 2 c whole wheat flour
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/4 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t sea salt
  • 2 t lemon zest
  • 4 T cold butter, diced
  • 1 1/2 c frozen wild blueberries
  • 3/4 c buttermilk
  • 1/4 c honey
Prep scone pan and pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients then cut in butter. Add blueberries and dust (mix) in batter. Add buttermilk and honey and mix. Turn out on floured surface and knead a few times until dough is no longer shaggy. Place in scone pan and bake for 26-28 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...