Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spinach & Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche

I have developed this to be lower fat and much easier to make than traditional quiches. It does take a while to bake, but I promise it is well worth the wait!

Serves 3-4

Ingredients
  • 1 T canola oil
  • 1/2 c sweet onion, diced
  • 4 c fresh spinach leaves
  • 1/4 t sea salt
  • 1/4 t fresh ground pepper
  • 1/3 c skim milk
  • 1/3 c half & half
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 c fresh goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan
  • 2 T sun dried tomatoes, chopped

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add spinach and saute until cooked and tender. Add salt and pepper and stir until combined. Transfer spinach mixture to a colander to drain.

Whisk together milk, half & half, and eggs. Stir in cheeses, tomatoes, and spinach mixture. Spread mixture evenly in a glass pie dish and bake for 30 or until knife blade inserted in center comes out clean.

All Natural Recipes, Whole Grain Recipes, All Natural Spinach & Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche

3 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Hmm....I think I'll have to try this too. Two ponderings: 1) Can I make this with frozen spinach, 2) Can this be made one day ahead and popped in the oven 24 hours after mixing?

I've been experimenting with make-ahead brunch-for-dinner recipes lately.

Anonymous said...

MMmmm....this sounds soo good. My love for goat cheese is quickly growing. I'll have to give it a try soon.

Valerie Biehl said...

My love for goat cheese is quickly growing too. One of my recent favorites is a salad that is simly mixed lettuces with goat cheese, and dried cherries. yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...